The MLC’s Acoustic Guitar course can be studied independently. However, we firmly believe that it is the perfect companion to your weekly music lesson with an MLC Teacher. Throughout the course, you will be encouraged to:
- Remember: songs, recollection of facts and concepts. This requires practice.
- Understand: discuss your findings in an open forum with your teacher and peers. Identify fundamental concepts within pieces of music that you are studying, recognise patterns within music, translate and transpose those fundamentals to key elements of your studies.
- Apply: use this information in new pieces. Can it expedite the learning process?
- Analyse: relate your findings to an abundance of artists and pieces; identify differences; distinguish key factors.
- Evaluate: justify your choices. Evaluate your progression with your teacher and peers constantly referring to the published descriptors.
- Create: produce your own original work – compositions, development and improvisation.
- Sit an exam: successful candidates receive an accredited qualification from RSL Awards (fees apply).
Audio is provided in the form of backing tracks (minus guitar) and examples (including guitar) for the pieces and the supporting tests where applicable. Audio files are supplied in MP3 format to enable playback on a wide range of compatible devices.
All candidates should read the accompanying syllabus guide when using this level/grade book. This can be downloaded from the RSL website: www.rslawards.com
Updates and changes to Rockschool books are documented online. Candidates should check for errata periodically while studying for any assessment. Further details can be found on the RSL website: www.rslawards.com/errata